Pursuing your purpose at the highest degree
A Doctor of Education (EdD) in leadership at ÎçÒ¹¿ì²¥ Southern University represents the highest academic achievement available and signifies a mastery of content, a distinguished level of competency regarding the development, design and execution of research, and demonstrates a high level of commitment to excellence in the chosen field.
One of the hallmarks of the EdD in leadership program is the inclusive nature of the program. While the degree is an EdD, the program, by design, is not solely for educators. Our current students represent a diverse number of professions and fields, to include civil and municipal organizations, the military, healthcare, education and numerous other roles in both the public and private sector.
Key elements of the program include:
- Curriculum designed to advance knowledge and skills by studying and researching various leadership models
- Dissertation phase allows students to develop and implement research rooted in both theory and practice
- Research core provides advanced skills in writing and analysis
- Ethical and character-based leadership course is unique to the ÎçÒ¹¿ì²¥ program of study
Our mission is to prepare professional educators who, guided by a strong sense of community and the integration of their faith, are academically strong, skilled and morally committed to educating in a wide range of culturally diverse learning environments.Â
*Generate total tuition cost with the tuition calculator.
ÎçÒ¹¿ì²¥ Southern Universityâ€™s accreditation can be found here.
Your next step to
becoming a student
- Official Transcripts From All Graduate Coursework
- Earned Masterâ€™s Degree
- Virtual Interview (By Invitation Only)
- Writing Sample (Upon Completing Admissions Interview)
- Additional Information (Upon Request)
In the EdD program, youâ€™ll take courses likeâ€¦
- Leadership Theory
- Creativity and Innovation
- Ethical and Character-Based Leadership
- Diversity and Equity in Organizations
- Law and Policy
- Behavioral Statistics
Chair of Ed.D. in Leadership
Wingo Hall houses the College of Education and was one of the first buildings on ÎçÒ¹¿ì²¥â€™s campus. Wingo Hall houses classrooms for the humanities and education and faculty offices for the College of Education. Named for Henry C. Wingo.
ÎçÒ¹¿ì²¥ has been home for me since 2008! I was blessed with the opportunity to attend for both my undergraduate and master’s degree. I’ve been praying about going back to school for a while and was seeking to attend a place that fit my personal requirements. When I heard that ÎçÒ¹¿ì²¥ was piloting an EdD program, I researched the program and knew with full confidence that it was time. I figured the third time would be a charm! At ÎçÒ¹¿ì²¥, I know that I will be challenged, gain more family, and continue to grow in my spiritual walk. Without a doubt, I know that completing the EdD program at ÎçÒ¹¿ì²¥ is exactly where God wants me to be right now in my life!April Sanders Ed.D. candidate